Svenska Cycling Plus from Nr. PC Games Military modelling magazine pdf Praxis from Nr.
We don’t store any files, we just index another websites content. This site contains a lots of digital magazines, books, manuals and more. East front of Addiscombe Place, the main building of Addiscombe Seminary, photographed in c.
Cadets pose in the foreground. The East India Company Military Seminary was a British military academy at Addiscombe, Surrey, in what is now the London Borough of Croydon. It opened in 1809 and closed in 1861. Its purpose was to train young officers to serve in the East India Company’s private army in India.
1855, when the name was changed to the East India Company Military College. In 1858, when the college was taken over by the government, it was renamed the Royal India Military College. Colloquially, it was known as Addiscombe Seminary, Addiscombe College, or Addiscombe Military Academy.
In military terms it was a counterpart to the Royal Military Academy at Woolwich and the Royal Military College at Sandhurst. Addiscombe Place, the mansion house which formed the central building of the later Seminary, was erected in about 1702 by William Draper, on land which he had inherited in 1700 from his aunt, Dame Sarah Temple. Draper’s father-in-law was the diarist John Evelyn, who in 1703 pronounced the house “in all points of good and solid architecture to be one of the very best gentleman’s houses in Surrey, when finish’d”. By the late 18th century the house was in the ownership of Charles James Clarke, who leased it to the statesman Charles Jenkinson, Lord Hawkesbury, later 1st Earl of Liverpool.
Regular visitors during Liverpool’s tenure included King George III and William Pitt. Plan of the Seminary grounds. It was bought by the Court of Directors of the East India Company for use as a military academy. Although the Company was primarily a trading concern, it also maintained its own army, the officers of which had previously been trained at the Royal Military Academy, Woolwich, at the Royal Military College Junior Department at Great Marlow, or privately.
They were now to be trained at Addiscombe. The doors of the Seminary opened on 21 January 1809, although the formal transfer of title of the property did not take place until a year later, on 26 January 1810. The initial purchase comprised the mansion house and 58 acres of land to the south of Lower Addiscombe Road, but a further 30 acres to the north were subsequently acquired.